SJSD Foundation Hard at Work!
The San Juan School District Foundation has helped the students, teachers, and schools in the following ways:
- Incentives for students improving and maintaining high achievement scores.
- Funding guest clinicians to hold private and small group instructions for students.
- The purchase of a new piano.
- Funding for the Close-Up trip to Washington D.C.
- Funding of a yearbook project.
- Implementing a new PE program to assist teachers in promoting and improving the physical activity and fitness of students.
What is the Purpose of the Foundation?
The San Juan School District Foundation was created to help provide additional educational support and assistance to the schools and students of the San Juan School District. The Foundation is non-profit and is governed by a volunteer board that meets quarterly.
Schools, programs, teachers and students may apply for funding for projects that are focused on academic improvement and/or enrichment. But where does the Foundation get its Funding from?
Private Donations are the largest funding source for the Foundation. Tax deductible donations to the Foundation can be entered on your income tax forms (These donations, no matter how small, add up to make a great difference).
SJSD Employee Payroll Deduction program. The District has kicked off an employee payroll deduction program with the goal of having each employee donate $1.00 a month (The accumulative effect would be $6,000 a year to benefit our students and teachers).
Yellow School Bus License Plate Campaign. The “coolest” license plate anyone can have on their car is a “Yellow School Bus” (With each yellow school bus license plate, the San Juan School District Foundation receives a $25.00 donation to benefit our students and teachers).
The sky is the limit, with your help we can make anything happen. Yes, you can make a Difference for our kids!